Every day is a gift...

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

18 months!

Time sure flies when you're having fun! On Monday Miss Aubrey officially hit the 18 month old mark. She is now closer to 2 than to 1. We celebrated by singing "Happy Half Birthday to You". She totally loved the song! After we finished she clapped her hands and said, "Yay!". After a few times I decided to see if she would have the same reaction if I stopped the song midway through. This smarty pants knew it wasn't over so she stayed quiet until I started signing again and finished the song. I then tried to sing it again using the same tone and pitch and she still knew when it was over. There is no fooling her!

I think she inherited Brian's musical talent. She walks around the house and also at school humming, "This old man". I don't sing it very often here so I am thinking they must do it a whole lot at school! She just loves music. On the way to school we listen to her music CD's and she loves to clap after each song. We have tried to get some cute videos of her singing and dancing but she always stops once the camera comes out. One of these days we'll get her on video!

1 comment:

  1. Happy 18 months Aubrey!!! You're growing up soo fast!! :)

    ReplyDelete