Every day is a gift...

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, January 4, 2010




Today was Miss Aubrey's first day of school! The three of us got up earlier than normal today to make it to school on time - 5:00 for me, 6:00 for Brian and 6:35 for Aubrey. We got Aubrey signed in at the front office and then took her to the classroom. There were 2 teachers in the room and a handful of kiddos - some happy and some very, very not happy. One of the teachers gave us the run down of where to put what and then Brian headed to work while I fed Aubrey. As she was enjoying a very yummy breakfast more kiddos came in and it got pretty crazy in the room. Lots and lots of screaming kids that needed some cuddle action, breakfast, etc. I hung out with her for 40 minutes and then headed off to work. I called to check in once during the morning and was told she was napping (holy moses!). I then went to feed her and she promptly fell asleep within two minutes. I hung out there for awhile trying to get some more food into her belly and then went back to work. Later in the afternoon I called again to hear that she was not taking the bottle. Stubborn little girl finally decided to take it about an hour later from one specific teacher, Miss Sheri. She gave the teachers some trouble with the morning bottle but finally took it from Miss Sheri - apparently she already has a favorite.
Hopefully tomorrow goes smoother for both her and for me (Brian was ok today dropping her off - it was just me that got all teary-eyed). I am off to go get her things ready for tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to hear it went ok! Teary eyed is ok..I sometimes still get that way too! Thanks for the pics!

    ReplyDelete