Every day is a gift...

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, September 30, 2011

Zoo!




One Friday we woke up to an overcast sky! That doesn't happen very often in Arizona, especially during the summer. Aubrey and I decided to take full advantage of it so we headed to the zoo. We had bought a member ship back in July but it had been way too hot to go so this was out first time using it.


You can see she had a great time patting the goats! She even got to brush them (too bad that the first one she approached had his back to her so she brushed his butt)! I quickly got her turned around so she could brush his side and he was a good sport about the butt thing!


We also saw the horses, cows, monkeys, birds, chickens and a turkey. She was terrified of the turkey and kept saying, "No turkey, no turkey". He was in a cage and so I kept telling her that he couldn't come get her. About a week or two later she started calling out, "No turkey, no turkey" in her sleep.....I guess she was thinking about the zoo!


I am excited to be able to use our membership now that it is starting to get a bit cooler. Aubrey seems to enjoy it and I know that Brian loves the zoo. I have a feeling we'll be making many trips there once the baby comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment